Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Ultimate Guy's Home Alone Weekend

As soon as Amanda got home on Friday morning from overnights she left again. This weekend she’s off to a veterinarian conference in Vegas. I’m thinking it’s more of an excuse to get together with past classmates considering she didn’t sign up for any lectures, but I’m sure that’s why they hold it in sin city.
See pictures from Amanda's weekend in the Gay Castle on flickr.
To begin my guy’s weekend home alone I braved the six degree cold in my broken down old van to Safeway, our local mega-lo mart grocer. I knew with every stop I made the chance the door would refuse to work increased so one-stop shopping was a must. On the shopping list was two new releases Amanda would never watch, Doom and Saw II on DVD Widescreen, one large bag Lays Salt & Vinegar potato chips, one six pack Rolling Rock, and one hardpack Marlboro Lights. I don’t really smoke. I did when I was younger because it made me look cool, but once I got married my need to be cool diminished. So for me now smoking is reserved for social or special situations such as this.
Pictures from my weekend are unavailable.
Doom was eh. I mean I wasn’t expecting much, but it was so different from the video game that it couldn’t event warrant a watch for that reason. Its Doom. If you're not going to hell what's the point? Saw II however was very kewl. I’m not much of a horror film enthusiast. Super natural monsters just don’t do it for me. But Saw's sick and twisted realistic violence gets me squirming in my seat. I liked the first one even though the acting towards the end was so laughably bad it really ruined the effect. Saw II calls Saw and raises a former NKOTB.

Bloodied & Bearded
My Owie In an effort to clean up after my ultimate weekend I was taking out the trash when I backed off into a pot hole causing the scooter to overturn. Result,a pretty gnarley black eye and scrape. There was still small pebbles covering the ashphalt from the ice. Unfortunately I hit face first embedding several small shards in my face that I had to pick out.

Name:
C. R. Veatch
Location:
Pullman, WA
View my complete profile